Saturday, September 18, 2010

Every girl needs a best friend. I have been lucky enough to be blessed with many friends. All who I know are in my life for a reason!I am so grateful for each one. This today is about my best friend. My friend who knows all the good, bad, and ugly.. and yes still loves me. She is the one I know I can call just because I'm bored, or lonely, happy, or sad, and she will drop everything to listen. You have heard the saying..opposites attract? We are really quite different in many ways and exactly alike in others. And as good as I try to be to others... she makes me want to be better! Jon and I have had a stream of things happen lately, his tooth broke, he cut the tip of his finger off, hannahs car broke down, our dishwasher flew the coop, and our transmission in our car went out on friday... its been a hard week!Whew! This afternoon Kristen called and said she was going to bring me some peaches..when she arrived she brought peaches and a brand new whirlpool dishwasher.I could not believe it!Yes, it was a nice big gift.I'm sure it was expensive., and I feel incredibly guilty. But the reason I am telling the story is not because of the material item, but because of what it represented. She told me she is in a situation that she can help. That she really wanted to do something to help make my days easier.Its the fact that she searched all over town to get the perfect match for my kitchen.That she takes on my worries, and seeks a solution. Its because its nice knowing that when you are struggling.. your friend has your back. I'm not going to look at any of these incidents as bad luck...because today I am reminded just how lucky I am!!! I love ya Kristen!!

No comments: