Saturday, September 10, 2011

What kind of a friend are you?  When a friend says " I need you!" what do you say? Do you say "what happened?" or do you say " How can I help?" Does it really matter what happened or does it only matter that your friend needs you!

Today I had a friend who needed me..and all I could think was...please give me the right words to help her.Her struggle is one of feelings of self  sabotage towards her fitness goals.  This got me thinking about this blog post....

I know that everyone of your friends are not going to have the same fitness goals, same passions, and the same want for a healthier body. Thats ok, maybe you can set an example for them. However, it is so important to have a network of friends in the same " fitness journey" path as yourself. It is important to have a friend who you know has your back. The same friend or friends that are going to kick your butt, when your slacking. We need positive support to help us achieve our goals. We need friends who are not going to talk us into that big piece of pie, when they know its not your cheat day. A friend who can make your exercise just a little less dull from time to time. This journey to fitness is not easy. If it was easy then everyone would be striving for better cardio health, more strength, and better eating habits. Find a friend to be your race buddy, or your morning walker, or biking partner. Maybe just a friend that you know you can call when you feel like you need a little pep talk. Be aware of those that will try to de-rail what you have worked so hard to achieve! We are all striving to be better to our bodies..we need to stick together! How has fitness changed your relationships? I love to workout on my own, but I also love to workout with others. I have a friend who is my little race buddy, we have done almost all my races together. I have my swimming friends, I go with weekly. I have a good friend that we talk about and text about fitness all the time. Just yesterday, we were texting about shoes, and feet. We talk about workout clothes and recipes! This is another way to share motivation and keep the interest up. One of my very favorite things at boot camp, is seeing everyone cheer for everyone. Watching clients who don't need to stay..stay and cheer on the last runner! Its like at boot camp, we become a family. Some people have never met, but there is a connection. The connection is that we are all on same journey, but different paths has brought us all together! Its amazing!

1 comment:

Sarah Adams said...

LOVE all your pics!! You are GORGEOUS in all of em! DANG girl......

your blog looks GREAT!

xoxo Sarah