Sunday, June 23, 2013

Twas the night before ragnar...and no one was sleeping in their beds, because visions of running was going through their heads...that and maybe the fact that we had to awake at 230 am..yep! Here are some of my favorite things from this weekend...Steph- ok you all know steph is a little blonde..and honestly blondes do have more fun- I'm totally convinced! She actually did wear shoes..unlike she does here, and she actually can drive well..whos counting when she slammed into the curb anyways?? she is also a very loyal friend to me..shes got my back!, Jason has ran with Jon and I for 5 years and we are a solid team..if one can't go, then none go! He may have almost rolled the vehicle- but really does that matter? He is the perfect team mate, and always so helpful in cheering everyone on, and running out water to the runners. We have given him a "new" name..one I can not share! Lucie- talk about a runner..she is like the energizer bunny..she keeps going and going and going..she was so fun to be around!She was my coffee companion! Melody- you can honestly just be yourself around her and that really is a gift to have. She is just easy to get along with, and ready to go at anytime!!Jon- what can I say?? Ragnar would not be the same without him, and you could ask anyone that has ever ran with him and they will tell you the same. He makes it so much fun and really keeps everyone laughing! Their was always long lines at the porta pottys with each runner awaiting their turn..and Jon would go in and take his turn, and he would yell things out like..hey does anyone have a plunger??..or he would start making really loud grunting noises..it would have everyone in line just cracking up!! He makes friends wherever we go and we all just laughed ALOT! He ran 10 miles on day one with a really bad sprained ankle, and we were all amazed! And for me- I was able to run all my legs, and some of Jons, and came home still feeling great. It is supposed to be about the running, but for me it is more about making memories and sharing experiences with great friends. Our other van did really well too..we only saw them once, as this years Ragnar was a little to crowded and exchanges were a bit chaotic, but we are grateful to them as well. Teri ran her first Ragnar and did really well too! So proud of her! Wishing our dear friend Sybil a fast recovery from her surgery. We are all thinking of her! I HAVE INCLUDED SOME PICS FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT...SEE U SOON!!

No comments: