Thursday, April 29, 2010


Well yesterday was my birthday! I know 21, its hard to believe! Anyway, I got to play part in a small miracle. After spending the day with my hubby in Salt Lake, we were coming home in traffic hour, and Jon thought he spotted a small kitten in the road. There was no place to turn around and no pull off areas, so we had to go over a bridge, and pull over. During this time at least 100 vehicles had driven over this small little ball in the road. We were sure it was dead. We flipped back around, stopped in the middle of the bridge area. I held up both hands, to stop traffic. It was not easy! I ran up the street a little and picked up this little ball of fluff. It literally fit in the palm of my hand. It meowed! Its alive! Its little nose was bleeding. I wrapped it up in my sweat shirt. We took it to the nearest vet. The diagnosis is that it is only 8 days old. Its eyes have not even opened yet. They are keeping it in a incubator and hand feeding it every 2 hours. They believe it will live. Its a boy by the way. Someone probably threw it out the window, and it landed on its nose and face. This little cat was literally ran over and over, and never got squashed. The wheels of every vehicle just missing it. I don't know how Jon even spotted it. I could not even see it after we stopped the traffic. I am so happy we saved its life! Look how cute he is! He made my birthday! Even though we are not keeping him..we will all make sure he goes to a good home! Because he is special!!

2 comments:

Sheila said...

He is so cute!! I would love him, but dang husband who is allergic to everything that grows and is alive.

Annie said...

I know he is the cutest ever! Yeah brents allergies are something your stuck with. Maybe a gold fish??? lol