Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I signed Kristen and I up to share a ten mile relay in logan..thought it might be kinda fun!! So we get up there tonight and it did not take long to realize that this might not have been one of my brightest ideas!! It was all college kids, yes thats right, and I was almost the oldest one there. Most of them weighed a buck ten soaking wet, and looked like serious runners! You know the kind of people that wear the small little cheeky shorts? The ones that go out and run 2 miles before, just for their warm up? Yeah..this was the place!! We might not be college track stars, but we did not just drive a whole hour to get here and back away now! We walk up to the line to pick up our numbers, and there is this girl, who looks like barbie aerobics instructor, she cheerfully hands us our number and tells us good luck. At this point I am feeling a tad bit intimitaded. I have never felt old at a race and somehow tonight I feel old! I remind Kristen that we can do this..when truthfully inside I am thinking run like h---! Luckily with not much time to kill, the race starts. Kristen is the first runner on leg one, I waited at the exchange for her to pass to me. She gave it all she got and did very well and then passed to me. Not far into my run I saw barbie aerobic instructor and decided I was going to try my hardest to pass her! It felt so good! Is that wrong? lol. I blew by her and her friends, and never saw them again. I realized that with fitness age does not matter! If you live healthy and you take care of your body... then you have nothing to worry about!! I have seen that in many of you this week during military testing. The numbers have been good, and so far everyone has done a awesome job! You need to come in here feeling strong, and trust that your hard work will pay off! Can't wait to finish it all up this week. So proud to be part of your fitness and health..Loves!!

No comments: