Thursday, October 27, 2011

Do you bring ANTs into my gym?? They are not welcome in my gym..no way!  ANTs stands for automatic negative thoughts.We all get them from time to time. The important thing is knowing just what to do with them! The mind/body connection is so important. You have to be able to learn to call upon your inner strength. Find your "mental toughness" that brings out a little fighter in you. Don't allow negative thoughts to de-rail you from your physical goals. Here are some I hear from time to time..I can't do that, I'm not strong enough...This is to steep for me..I'm to tired today..I will never lose this weight..My diet is going to be awful this week because I'm so busy...ANTs ANTs ANTs! You have to replace them with a positive thought and a positive picture. You have to see yourself making physical gains and be ready to exert the physical effort in order to reach them. You are strong... You can do this... So what if it is a hill?..The weight will come off.. and yes you can work hard!
Here is a example.. After a good workout that I thought was done, and yes I was tired..I was asked to do swim sprints and to be timed by the lifeguard and my friend. My first thought was..I have never done a sprint..I can't do that..I'm not fast enough. Within  5 second time frame I spotted my own ANTs climbing right on up to my brain! I squashed them immediately..and said ok! Not only did I do it, but I did it in under the time I was given to beat!! Smashed those little ANTs! Thats what I want you to do..leave your ANTs at the door when you come to train and lets go make our dreams a reality!!!

No comments: