Tuesday, August 13, 2013

It's been a couple weeks since I have blogged! Things have been a little busy around here lately! California was a blast!We got to do many fun things..and once again I am back with a renewed energy towards my passion..FITNESS! I have already tried out some new stuff on those of you who came yesterday.I felt my classes were much better this year and am constantly amazed how fitness is always changing and growing! I was also in a LIVE cooking show for some network! We actually got to sample the recipes live on air..and they were fantastic!! I really want to share them with you! I have 2 favorites!! I plan to go get the stuff and whip it up and make sure that I can make it all as good as hers, and invite you over for a little cooking demo!!The host looked fantastic and she was a vessel of knowledge, and the recipes are so easy!I also got to meet BILLY BLANKS( tae bo guy). That was thrilling for me!!Got my picture taken with him and he was very kind. I actually just sorta bumped into him! Got partnered up with a buff dude in the trx class, and happily came out on top in a burpee contest!! Before I left we finished our challenge, and everyone did amazing!! What else should I expect? As you are a amazing clients! Here are a few tips for the week I would like to share that I learned..The best PRE-EXERCISE fuel for the body, before a 1 hour intense activity?? Bananas, Mangos, or papayas( or combo of 2)..They are simple carbs that are alkaline forming and are good for immediate and prolonged energy!!If you are going 3 hours or longer( like a marathon, or half or distance riding), you will need 3 parts carb, 1 part protein, 1 part essential fatty acid. Professional Iron man and Tri-athlete Brenden Braizer informs us that to much protein can cause cramping and is not the fuel of choice to energize a workout.You all know that nutrition plays a huge key role in how we perform, and how it influences our protein synthesis and muscle growth and recovery as well. Don't forget to fuel yourself with protein and carbs and a healthy fat within the hour window of your workout!!Remember that one is much more likely to over eat on pasta than on fish- so choose wisely and healthy! Lindsay sent me funny text- I am including last nights text and saying that she sent! Hopefully you will laugh out loud- I know I did!!!

No comments: