Sunday, September 8, 2013

Teri was telling me that a guy in front of her at her 10k had a shirt on and it said." If you fail to prepare, prepare to fail". She was telling me how she was thinking that she shouldn't be there and began to self doubt herself. Now I get the meaning of this shirt.. If you commit to something~ then prepare for it. I get that, and I agree with that!! However, the beauty of this story is that you can draw strength from your mind. Remember how I am always saying that your body hears everything your mind is saying? When you were little didn't your parents ever tell you that you could be whatever you wanted to be? All you have to do is believe. Well Teri recognized that her thinkin was stinkin, and began to get her head in the game and change her focus. Instead she chose to concentrate on one foot in front of the other. You know she ran the whole thing, and when she was finished she wasn't even tired! She could have let that negativity take her down and it would have. If she kept telling herself she couldn't do it, then that's what her body hears. Instead she chose to move forward! What a great example this is! Its so important that we have positive thoughts floating around in our little heads. Surround yourself with people who will support your goals. Your friends should be your cheerleaders- and when necessary- your butt kickers! ************ The chicken recipe I told you about is posted in the gym! More info to come about my nutrition demo. I really want to do it on a sat..but finding it hard to find time on a sat morn, so now I am looking at a few evenings. Will talk with you more about it in training this week!If you are interested in doing tue class- please text me. Thanks!

No comments: