Thursday, March 11, 2010

Ok so I feel like I should share a small piece of information with you. I take vitamin d3 daily. I had a feeling I may be low, even though I already take it daily. I requested my doctor to run blood and check. Normal is between 50 to 100. I was at 24. Vitam d3 is crucial in a body.Vitamin D unlocks the DNA library for every cell in the body. Every tissue needs it. Athletes and people who work out need more than non exercisers.They say that being D deficient leads to disease. It is known that if a person just seems to be always struggling to lose weight they should request a D test to be run. Did you know the best source of vitamin D comes from the sun? However wearing just a SPF 15 sun block can block the vitamin D production by 99%. Knowledge is power. I am now taking 4000 iu of vitamin d3 daily to ensure my body can function correctly!!

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Here's that website I told you about.
http://greenlitebites.com/ She also has a weight loss blog that you can find a link to off this one.
There's a crock pot one I really like and have used a bunch of recipes off of. She tries to make them low fat and usually uses wheat pasta and rice. http://365daysofcrockpot.blogspot.com/

Sheila said...

Oh and I forgot to tell you today. My OB said on my last blood test my Vitamin D was at 42.8 and 43 is where it should be so she told me to not take any now, but when I am done with this baby I should start taking some.