Friday, May 21, 2010

This is my weekend for my body fusion certification. Yay! As I am sweating it out and working those muscles to failure, I will think of you, who I will soon be pushing to failure! The word "failure" in the gym is actually a good thing. I know I have told you this before but kettlebells are still taking the lead. More studies are coming out on the calories that these burn. Heres some stats: Kettlebells 20 cal per min Spinning 14.3 elliptical 9.8 stairstepping 12.2 running(9min pace) 17 swimming 13.6. .
Ok, some gyms are having problems with those little gym bugs from un clean equiptment and shared sweat. I think we do a pretty good job here in our gym, but some of you may need to make a few adjustments. Heres what we need to change. Bring your full size towel that you lay on, and a seperate hand towel for sweat. Use the hand towel for forehead and sweat wipes, and the full size to place on benches and mats while performing the exercise. If you are one of my fairly heavy sweaters, you will need to keep your hand towel close and wipe sweat periodically before dripping it everwhere. These new requirements should help keep our gym clean and bug free. Please clean all equiptment well after each of your sessions. As always..keep on working out!!

No comments: