Sunday, September 25, 2011

INSPIRED...I went up to watch the Exterra race yesterday! Not only was it a beautiful day, but all the leaves are turning colors, which made it that more beautiful. At one point I was standing so close to Lance Armstrong, that I could of reached out and touched him. I found that as I stood around and watched these great athletes , I wished I knew more about each one of them. Some of these athletes came from France, Austrailia, Canada, and all around the world. They choose to come here to push their limits.It started with the swim. Wow that was crazy! They are all swimming so close and so fast to one another. Its like a frenzy. The athletes doing the full exterra, had so far to swim! Just when you think they are done, they have to go around and do it again. They are so fast, and the water is so dark and cold. I was amazed. The transition to the bike was fast. They are dripping wet. They slap on their bike shoes, a water bag, and they go. Just like that! They pedal so fast and so hard...and still dripping wet! There are people right behind them, and right in front of them. So close your tires could touch. Boy was it nerve wracking watching someone pass. There is no room for error on this trail! I did not get to see the run part on the trails, but I imagine they push even harder knowing this is the last thing to get them to the end. I loved seeing all the muscles on everyone! It looked so good! It is truly amazing what our bodies can do with hard work and determination! Everyone of those people inspired me! Next time I think I just want to cut my workout a little short, I will think of the determination that I saw in these people. I will apply it to my own determination and will remember that there is no limit to the possibilities !!!

No comments: